DYW Live > Supporting DofE Delivery in Your School
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award
Type 1 - Webinars
Services and Health, Art, Humanities, English and Literacy, Languages, Business and Enterprise, Computing, Maths, Numeracy and Finance, Technology and Engineering, Science
Available between Sep - Oct 2021
Tuesdays (4pm onwards)
Number of Sessions:
6 (weekly - excluding school holidays)
Once per term (depending upon demand)
60 per class
The "Supporting DofE Delivery in Your School" professional learning sessions aim to introduce the DofE and provide delegates with skills to use eDofE to support young people. Each session has specific learning outcomes which can be read on the Teams Channel. Delegates can attend a single session or the whole series.
- Session 1: DofE - so what's it all about? This course will explore what The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is and does for young people. It is aimed at those who are considering wider achievement opportunities for young people and want to explore how DofE would fit.
- Session 2: DofE with a Difference This course will explore the adaptations which DofE has made to the programme in the light of Covid-19, including adjustments to the expedition section and the DofE Certificate of Achievement.
- Session 3: Starting out with eDofE This course demonstrates the basic functions of managing participants on eDofE. It is a basic level course.
- Session 4: Moving on with eDofE This course demonstrates how to manage participants lists, complete award approvals and functions that allow coordinators to manage Leader accounts at their centre. It is an Intermediate level course.
- Session 5: Expedition on eDofE This course is aimed at leaders and coordinators who are involved in the administration of the Expedition section. It demonstrates how to use eDofE Mapping, how to use eDofE to administer expeditions effectively.
- Session 6: Managing centres on eDofE This course is aimed at new DofE Co-ordinator and DofE Managers. It will provide guidance on how to manage centres on eDofE1. This is an advanced level course.
- Session 7: Participant profile on eDofE This course demonstrates how eDofE works from a participant point of view. It is aimed at leaders and coordinators who want to be able to help participants with queries they may have. It will include eDofE and the DofE App.
The DofE helps young people to build a life-long belief in themselves, supporting them to take on their own challenges, follow their passions, and discover talents they never knew they had. It provides young people with a framework to explore their personal strengths and weaknesses. It gives them opportunities to consider their response to global and local issues.
Schools should be interested in delivering or already deliver the DofE.
Sessions can stand alone or staff can sign up for the series.
DofE, #YouthWithoutLimits, eDofE, Volunteering, Skills, Physical, Expedition
Please register your interest here!