New College Lanarkshire
Skills & Interdisciplinary Learning
S4, S5, S6
September 2023 to May 2024
Delivery time negotiable with first schools to sign up. Signups close in September.
|Number of Sessions:
25 learners from one or multiple schools.
We’re really excited to be able to offer this college course provided by New College Lanarkshire via DYW Live and delivered directly learners into schools via Teams Glow.
By registering for this course you will be added to the team to discuss logistics and requirements for the course with our NCL partners.
Unlike many of our DYW Live sessions, Teachers need not participate, learners will be added to the team directly to participate in the sessions.
The time for delivery will be agreed on a first come first served basis with additional learners (within capacity) welcome to also join if the timings work for them.
Requirements for the learner:
- The learner will need to enrol in the college. All participating learners will be sent a link to complete this.
- National 5 Skills for Work Travel and Tourism requires the learner to have two periods available in their timetable to commit for the year.
- They will require an individual device to work on for the sessions that has a working webcam and microphone to fully engage.
- A suitable, quiet, and distraction free location where they can participate in the lessons.
- A positive attitude towards learning and active engagement in the remote delivery.
Requirements for the school:
- A teacher key contact for the learners needs to be identified. They will be added to the Team so they have oversight, will be kept informed of learner progress and facilitate any in-school support required
- Invigilation by a teacher in the classroom will be required while assessments/exams are occurring. There will also be remote invigilation from the college.
- It is strongly recommended learners complete their enrolment with a teacher present in the room to support any difficulties.
The aims of the course are to prepare learners for work in the travel and tourism industry, develop customer care skills, understand the importance of personal presentation, develop skills to become effective job-seekers and employees, develop a positive and responsible attitude to work and an understanding of the workplace, develop communication skills, develop detailed product knowledge and skills to deal effectively with customer enquiries, develop skills in reviewing, evaluating and planning for the future and prepare learners for further learning, study and training opportunities in the industry.
Learners will develop skills to become effective job seekers and employees, deal effectively with all aspects of customer care and customer service in a travel and tourism context. Learners will also develop product knowledge and skills to deal effectively with customer enquiries in relation to travel and tourism in Scotland, the rest of the UK and worldwide.
Pupils will require access to Teams with a microphone and webcam. They will also require access to a device with internet for research purposes.
How DYW Live Works?:
Check out our FAQ on the DYW page here.
Mailing List Sign-up
To sign up to regular news and updates from e-Sgoil, please join our mailing list using the sign-up button below.Sign Up